Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Too many things, too little time

No. this post is not about how overloaded I am with assignments with very little time left to finish them. This post is about how there are so many things that I want to do in the coming few years and how time is running out very fast.

This thought first came to my mind when I was going through the books on the library shelves. I've been going to the library quite frequently for the past few days. For the first time I spent some time in the sections other than English fiction. To my surprise, I found many books in the Mathematics section, which I would like to read. I have this habit of making many lists (Smiley thinks it is quite feminine. Well, he knows best about the female psyche). But it does help me reduce the number of things I forget. So, I thought I'll make a list of books I want to read before I leave IIIT. I dropped the idea for some reason. I think I'll just put my last sem away to read books.

An year ago, I'd read in some magazine, National Geographic I recall, about a man who had made a list of more than 100 things he wanted to do in life which included brilliant things like climbing Mt. Everest etc. and actually managed to put a 'done' mark against every entry in that list!

I had made a list of 7 things I want to do in a previous post (which was a historic post, for the number of comments it got). But it was too short and too unthoughtful. But now I have ample time to think of such arbit stuff in the Social Entrepreneurship class.

I think we need to keep reminding ourselves of what we want to do, or else we get caught in the unending cycles of our routine. I strongly believe that if our desire is strong enough, then opportunities appear out of nowhere. We just have to grab them. Which means being alert, flexible and ready for taking big risks.

But now I'm wondering, will the things that I want to do, remain the same as time passes? Maybe they won't, but then I'll edit my plans. But wait, I don't have any plans! What am I doing? Why am I wasting time blogging? Being the author of a highly popular blog isn't on my to-do list. Or do I see something scratched off it very violently?

Off I go. I need to chalk out a few plans tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:O :O
I didnt know of this 102 comment post before.
u start the blog with a "no"
hmm thts interesting

Anonymous said...

I had a similar list in mind.
"Things to own before I turn thirty five. So far nothing has the -brought- mark against it :(