Sunday, October 09, 2005

First Blog from 172.17.9.85

I just discovered that my new pc's new ip address is 172.17.9.85.Actually yesterday I had a pretty cool ip address:172.17.8.8.But it proved to be absolutely useless as I was getting miserable LAN speeds(<30 kb/sec).So I tried and tried and poor Anand (who did not go home,because he had to help me get my pc from Park Lane to IIIT and then get it working) tried and ultimately I went to bed with some 40 items on the download queue in DC++.

Today morning I woke up and found 10 items still there.I thought,"What the hell? 6 hours and this shit (I just noticed that these two words are anagrams) cannot download a few MBs?"
Then finally today evening I put Anand's old LAN card and it worked perfectly fine.Download rates are now of the order of 10^2kb/sec.That is when i got the ip address 172.17.9.85.

I missing home today.Many guys have gone home.I have stayed back.I don't know why.I was actually planning to get my PC in these holidays and then do some work with the project.Let's see how much I actually do.

Dusshera used to be fun at home.I would help my grandmom make garlands to be put on the doors,I would watch my mom make shrikhand,watch my father do the puja of all our vehicles,books etc.Then I would enjoy a wonderful meal,make a Ravan effigy with my friends in the afternoon,invite everyone for the Ravan Dahan,watch the fireworks and feel proud of the effigy we had made.

Now I can't even go home.All these festivals were much more fun when I was young.Now I don't know what to do.I'm too old for all the fireworks,or am I?But,that is where all the fun of these festivals lies.

I think I just don't want to grow up.I want to stay a kid forever.

5 comments:

Badrinath S. said...

some things i find interesting->

1. u use anand instead of ganand. that too with a caps 'A'
2. i guess the speed is due to the LAN card. even i had a 172.17.8.* ip, and it was really slow (my prev LAN card). 9.* seems to work better. oh, and note that ganand charges rent on his LAN card... :P
3. u made ravan effigys out of ... what exactly?
4. 9.85 is my old ip :(, pls dont play cz with it :P, they'll think its me, and that i now play worse than my normal bad...
5. ur like... 19? and u wanna be a kid? HOLY!! kids want to be grown up, and grown ups (read : 40+ yrs) wanna be kids and u... @ 19, wanna be a kid? just for ... fun in festivals? its more fun starin @ _ahem_
6. u "cant" go home? ur just too lazy to / dont want to ... u had ur chance, u didnt take it

[esc]:wq[enter]
----------
"and ppl said i havent grown up :))" - Tiamath Apocalypse, Legions of the Damned, Creche of the Undead, Nevendaar, circa 2005AD

Arjun said...

I'm glad I'm with family and folks. Missing you though.

This word verification thing sucks.

Siddharth Chaudhari said...

"I think I just don't want to grow up.I want to stay a kid forever."

You speak my heart out... Things are moving too fast for my taste...

And thanks for the song, its pretty cool. Somehow I havent heard much of eric clapton. Will have to listen to it a bit more before it passes my acid test :p

Anonymous said...

u write like a professional.........i am pressed.......oh.......impressed

Sankalp said...

hey Abhinav,

Welcome to my blog.thanks for the compliment.