Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Exams and Slogging

It has been a very long time since the last post.Even the last post was a copy-paste matter.

Second mid sem exams started today and the ordeal will be over by day after.Right now I feel quite satisfied.I realise that when time comes, I can slog too.I spent more then 6 hours in the library yesterday,without dozing off.Slogging isn't that bad if you have to do it for just a day or two.I dont know how regular sloggers maintain their mental balance.

Over the years, I have completely lost faith in the examination system.I think nothing can test anyone's knowledge at a particular subject.Getting marks and being actually good seem to be two completely different things.The world would be so much better without exams.

But a stereotype like me should not be talking about exams and their futility.After all,I have not done anything too revolutionary. I have accepted the system,though faulty.I have been tackling exams all my life.The very reason for my being here in IIIT is that I had a better day than someone else on the entrance exam day.

3 comments:

Rohith said...

It seems you lost your mental balance after slogging :P

Badrinath S. said...

orey daka, forget sica, but what mental balance can you have left if you have to slog LA? the only things sica slogs are other ppls blogs and food (and *ahem*). it easy to lose your mental balance if you read blogs though (especially mine.. do u read it? hope not... for humanities sake)

oh, btw, i_DOESNT_like exams... come to think of it, theres LOADS of stuff i hate... brinjal, ugly ppl except me, pop-music (mainly bsb), ppl who dont like comp games (with exceptions :P), blah blah...

the point is u can do nothing abt it... so might as well slog... for the exams, ie

[esc]:wq[enter]
----------
"foothing midsems... cant play Fable in peace" - Tiamath Apocalypse, Legions of the Damned, Nevendaar, circa 2005 AD

Arjun said...

"Slogging isn't that bad if you have to do it for just a day or two."

Yeah True