Thursday, July 17, 2008

The White Mughals

I'm about 50 pages away from finishing this book which seems to have finally brought me back to reading. I found it to be brilliant in many ways. It is historical, has a great story and is set in Hyderabad. A perfect blend of things that interest me.

It is quite a relief to find myself reading with so much interest. I would have classified myself as a voracious, bordering on maniacal reader about 2 years back. But then with the internship and other things coming in, reading took a back seat, much to my discomfort. For a very long time, I could not read more than a few pages at a time. It took me 3 months to finish 'Greenmantle' and about a fortnight for 'Heart of Darkness'. Both of them being really thin books.

I was really worried that probably the only good habit/hobby that I have is getting left behind. But this book changed things. At times, I was actually fighting sleep to stay awake so that I could continue reading.

Super book. Do read it.

p.s.: On a totally different note, I hope all of you watched the Wimbledon men's final. Painful as it was to watch Federer lose, it was the best match I have seen in my life. If you didnt, the first thing to do after you finish reading this line is to find it on youtube and watch it.

2 comments:

Siddharth Chaudhari said...

Seeing FedEx lose was really one of the worst things I've gone through in a while :(

Anonymous said...

Wut uh match !!
kthxbye