Thursday, June 01, 2006

Ice cream


There's some secret power in ice-cream. One moment the thought of ice-cream occurs and the very next moment it becomes an overpowering desire and I'll go to any extent to fulfill it.

There are so many images that come to my mind when I think of it, the sundae, the cone full of nuts and chocochips, the simple good old cup, the softy, the bucket, the stick with the solid chocolate at the core hidden under a layer of chocolate icecream and then the family pack which I plan to have one day, all for myself (just to see whether I can consume a litre of ice cream single-handedly). I bet no one can resist the temptation if such vivid pictures start dancing in front of your eyes at the mere mention of the word.

Another thing I have observed is that you can never have enough of ice-cream. After devouring numerous scoops, even if the stomach is full, there is always room for another one, and another one and infinitely many more. Almost as if the stomach is a black hole for ice-cream.

Some people have favourite flavours, black currant, butter scotch etc etc. In my opinion chocolate and its various forms are the best. But a true ice-cream lover isn't bothered by petty concerns like flavour. Bring on anyone and I'll eat it with utmost delight. Yes, even plain vanilla is welcome.

An equally alluring alternative for ice-cream is its desi counterpart, Kulfi. But it really takes a master to make kulfi which will sweep you off your feet. One such master has blessed the cantonment town called Mhow. Few years back, to meet the insatiable demand of the gourmet in Indore, he shifted his base to my hometown! Another alternative is Falooda, but it is more like milkshake and nowhere close to ice-cream and kulfi in its charm.

Ice-cream is especially wonderful during winter. People who refuse it because of the cold absolutely baffle me. If hot tea in summer is alright, then why this discrimination against ice-cream? It is the all-season, all-occasion dessert, God's gift to the human race.

To end this post, here is the ultimate tourist destination for the month of August.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

U got the funda right on DOOd!
why ..I saw people on roads sneezing like possessed zombies and still devourin' gigantic scoops :D

The Young Saint said...

:|

Arjun said...

Its MHoW, not mhow.