Saturday, June 10, 2006

French Open, British GP, FIFA World Cup

Lot of sporting action is coming up this weekend, with the French open's final showdown, the world cup's ties and the GP at Silverstone.

The French Open final between 'Fantastic Federer' and Nadal promises a lot of excitement and great tennis. I've been looking forward to this since the beginning of the tournament and all my prayers would be answered when Federer brings Nadal's clay court juggernaut to a halt. I've a gut feeling that this time it won't be another disappointment for his fans. I was favouring Ljubicic in today's semi-final. Ljubicic was good today, it's just that Nadal, I have to admit, is exceptional on clay. Exceptional, not unbeatable, as we'll see this Sunday. I missed the other semi-final where Fed turned the match on its head with a stroke of his genius. Too bad that the spectators were deprived of the action with Nalbandian pulling out.

I'm not really interested in the FIFA world cup, at least till the initial stages are on. I'll keep myself updated using Google news and Footiefox. I'm not supporting any side, not knowing much about any of them. More about the "Which Team to support?" dilemma by Apoc.

With these high profile events, Formula One has taken a backseat. Lets hope that Alonso widens his gap over Schumacher.

So, stock up all your junk food, get down on that couch, carpet, bed, floor or whatever in front of your TV and enjoy all the action.

3 comments:

Arjun said...

Schumi Schumi Schumi Schumi Schumi...









Ok. I suck. And so does Alonso.

Anonymous said...

Federer = king of clay will be the headline very soon. Something tells me fed lost the Rome masters for a reason

reg fifa worldcup -: the initial matches are good to watch coz teams arent defensive here. the knockout stages will see tighter defenses and conservative strategies, so not many goals to enjoy :( ,better watch the samba boys wreak havoc in the group stages :P

reg formula1 - : where is , ah where is kimi ? :((

Anonymous said...

you forgot abt the ind-wi test series :D