Sunday, November 19, 2006

Yawn...

There's a layer of dust on top of the monitor. The keyboard's dirty again. I just cleaned it last week. Or was it last month? The two glasses I used a fortnight ago, for the raita that came with the biryani are still liying on top of the dabba. There's a full fledged spider web on the window, around the Rin-bar. The calendar still shows October. The body of the moth that died last week is still lying under the table. I should return Jimmy's bottle of Colin and his teaching board. They've been here for quite a long time now.

The previous occupant of my room has left a poster on the wall. People would classify it as cute. I don't quite like it. Black and white, a little kid, not more than 5-6 years old, on his knee, offering a red rose to a little girl. Why don't these people let kids just be kids? But the poster doesn't hurt. I don't even notice it. There's no reason to remove it.

I can feel the air so full of lethargy. It's almost like it'll solidify and fall on my head. Even the clock hands seems to be moving slowly.

Reminds me of a Garfield quote, "Anybody can exercise. But this kind of lethargy, takes discipline." Also reminds me of Agastya Sen from 'English, August'. That was a good book. Very weird, though.

The only thing adding a little cheer to all this is the cover of 'Ruskin Bond's Book of Nature'. It has a butterfly on a grass green coloured background. I love his writings. I think I've said this at least a dozen times in the previous posts. Let me say it again.

The spider on the ceiling is not dead after all. The cleaning fellow removed all the webs a few days back and destroyed this little spider's family. There were five of them. Now he is alone. I didn't mind their presence in my room. It was peaceful co-existence barring the incident when one of them fell on my face one night when I had just fallen asleep. People prefer the lizards in their room. Say they eat the insects and keep it clean. I'd rather have the insects.

Why did I type all this into this post? Don't know.

Alright, good night.

9 comments:

Siddharth Chaudhari said...

sigh, the post reminds me of my hostel days... and i had a lizard too! same reason i let it roam around as your colleagues... get one i say...

Arjun said...

what the spider FUCK?

Anonymous said...

gnite :)

Badrinath S. said...

Yawn!

Anonymous said...

room no? :)

Anonymous said...

Makes me feel that my room is something like heaven after listening to stories like this :)

Sankalp said...

@sidkc: no lizards. that is out of question.

@neon: what an enlightening comment! come on! can't you think of anything better?

@mythalez,apoc: did the post actually make you feel sleepy? yes!!

@sumanth: welcome!
room 132, obh.

@himank: welcome!
now devoid of all the fauna, even my room isn't too bad.

Arjun said...

What the FUCK do you think when you write I cant think anything FUCKING better? Do you think I cant give a FUCKING better notion to your FUCKING yawn?

FUCK Y'ALL.

Ok. Sorry.

Sankalp said...

@neon: well, if you can't think of anything better, let me remind you that commenting is purely optional.

there's no
blow_the_ipadd_which_doesnt_comment.php
running on the blog page.