Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Sounds I Hate

1. The sound of the tt ball whe it does not hit the table.
2. The sound of nails or any sharp object on a metalic surface.
3. A child crying.
4. Himesh Reshammiya's songs.
5. The ding when an error message is shown in windows.
6. The sound when your car hits some tiny little thing at the end of a drift and you lose all the n-thousand points earned. NFS can be very frustrating at times.
7. The sound created when I move the bow across the strings of Smiley's violin.

There are many more which I can't recall.

Well, there's good news, Neon is back to blogging and there's bad news, I'm going to take a break. In the past week I clicked the new post button 2-3 times. But when this screen appeared I couldn't think of anything to write.

On a different note, the F1 season is nearing a very exciting end. With Alonso and Schumacher tied with maximum points, the last 2 races promise a lot of action.

Sharapova won the US Open! So did Federer. Yet another time. It was good that he didn't have to face Nadal in the final. He brings in that little window of uncertainty. But Roddick has shown some real improvement. I think Connors is the right coach for him. Hopfeully Roddick will show the hunger and competetiveness that his coach was known for in his playing days.

The title to this post is quite inappropriate. But I'm too lazy to change it to something better. 'Yet another update post' would've been more correct. I was trying to avoid writing such posts. Anyway, who cares? I'll be back when I actually have something to write.

9 comments:

mythalez said...

"The ding when an error message is shown in windows." I totally empathise with u .. it is even worse when u r lying back listening to a wonderful song and suddenly this sound comes as a rude jolt ;))

ps- once again first to comment .. so u ll get loads of good comments this time tpp :P

Unknown said...

....but not more irritating than working with bell in Linux :)

The optimist from utopia said...

Agree with point number 2,3,4,5,7.. except that I do not know how smileys violin sounds.. but my violin makes this weird freakish high frequency buzz saw kinda sound tht I swear not to touch it again.. :-<

Anonymous said...

Neon is back to blogging, but on a differernt url.

Siddharth Chaudhari said...

you posted! good boy :p

and the ding error message really drives me nuts :| though some of himmesh's songs are pretty decent :)

Anonymous said...

I'm concerned over you 'taking a break' from blogging. I'll suggest dont break the link. Be less frequent if you cant think of many things to write.. but dont stop. Coming back is difficult.

Badrinath S. said...

when you post once a month, you dont really get to "take a break".

@nks said...

oye !!
u forgot to mention tht creepy sound ur door make ...
i donno bout u .. i detest it.


n ya badri is correct .. u took a month rest to write this post .. how long will ur break last .. hunn ?? a yr :p

Sankalp said...

@mythalez: your first comment seems to be working like a lucky charm. Thanks!

@vivek: welcome!

@spawn: you can't beat me at creating freakish sounds from a violin.

@sidkc: don't tell me! you like some of himesh's songs? you need help, rush to a doctor.

@neon: will keep that in mind.

@apoc: well, yeah. this post has come after a long break. but I was under pressure to come up with something that could parallel the previous post in terms of positive comments received.

@lord: the door does make a sound, but these days I hardly notice it.