Friday, December 02, 2005

I Love Winter

I can't exactly enumerate the reasons why I like winter more than any other season.I don't say that I don't like summer or the rainy season.In fact, I love rains and getting drenched and I also love summer because summer means vacation. But there is something special about winter.

Maybe I love winter simply because I was born in December. Or maybe its because most of my favourite dishes are winter specific or maybe it is just because I enjoy my warm blanket and bed more or maybe because I like the world covered by a layer of fog. Or is it because the cold brings back the memories of all the treks ?

I remember the first few years in school when I had to get up at 5:30 in the morning to reach the bus stop within an hour. It used to be especially difficult in winter. But all that was made easy by the cup of piping hot tea. During the last two years in school, winter was when I could wear the school council's special jacket.

I especially remember the winter in Kota.Kota was really cold,I recall that it went down till 2 deg celsius one night.But it was great coming back from classes with the sun still not out at 11:30 in the morning to the poha and jalebi stalls. Those samosas tasted much better in winter.

I was very disappointed when Hyderabad had a very mild winter last year, but this time it has been better and it has brought all the memories flooding back.

3 comments:

Arjun said...

Aye Dawnt Laike Wintaer.

Wintaer Veceshans are awnly for fiftin deis.


Nicely written though!

The Young Saint said...

wintear iz gud. cauld iz awlsau good then haut iz!!
niece paust SANKALP, so i also like winter

Anonymous said...

i dont care man ... no one duz